Waste Transfer Station
Responsible Processing of Commercial Waste
MacInnes Bros Ltd strive to minimise our construction activities with a positive view to reducing the work-related impact on the environment and waste accumulation/disposal, protecting natural resources and ensuring they are passed onto future generations in good order.
Our Uachdar, Benbecula Depot is a Scottish Environmental Protection Agency registered Waste Management holder (Licence No: WML/N/0220019) and Waste Carrier (Registration No: SNO/038046).
MIB strive to minimise our Construction Waste by using SEPA guidance – SWMPs and Pollution Prevention Guideline 6, Section 10 – whilst working at construction and demolition sites:
- Identifying the quantities and types of waste that are likely to be produced, assessing potential opportunities for re-use or recycling where possible
- Identifying how each type of waste/refuse should may be dealt with, including segregation and conveyance by covered skips to our registered Disposal Depot on Benbecula
- Progressively monitor the ordering and delivery of materials, preventing excess, reducing storage and waste
- Promulgate all Site Waste Management arrangements to site staff & contractors on a regular basis, evidencing discussions in relevant Site Waste Management Plan
- Separating different types of waste/refuse into separate skips as required
- Covering skips/receptacles to prevent waste/refuse being scattered by the weather, or wildlife into the local environment
- Removing all nails from scrap timber to avoid hand/foot injuries being sustained by employees
- Securing lightweight waste/refuse to prevent it being scattered by the wind into the local environment
- Ensuring waste/refuse is placed in correctly marked skip/receptacle