Ivy Cottage offered MIB Homes the opportunity to showcase its ability to rescue an abandoned property and restore it into a spacious family home fit for modern living. The project involved stripping the existing cottage back to its brick work in order to rectify structural issues and then renew with insulation expected of a new build property. The property benefits from a new site extension which includes a spacious family kitchen and large family bathroom.
Review of Works
- Renewed all plasterboard walls & ceilings
- Installed timer frame in existing cottage external walls to allow for new insulation boards
- Installed Quinn Therma Insulation Board throughout existing Cottage and Extension
- Full new Electrical Installtion
- New Electric Heating System (Rointe D Series) & Immmersion Water Tank
- New UPVC Windows and External Doors
- Renewed Render on External Walls
- Existing Cottage Plaster Walls Re-Skimmed
- UPVC Cladding installed on extension, porch and dormer windows
- New Extension with Modern Kitchen and Bathroom
- Alwitra Evalon VSK Membrane applied to Extension Roof & Existing Porch Roof.
- Large Property Grounds Landscaped
- New Ground and Rainwater Drainage and Access Path
- Externally and Internally Painted