MacInnes Bros Ltd has developed from its initial house building activities into large scale Construction over the last 30 years. These historic projects range from Social Housing Estates, Community Centres, Airport Buildings, MOD Buildings and new School Campuses throughout Uist & Barra and the wider Scottish Highlands and Islands.
In addition to stand alone construction Projects, MIB have been entrusted as HIAL’s preferred contractor for all the construction and maintenance requirements at both Benbecula and Barra Airports over the last 20 years.
MIB Construction have extensive experience of working within secure facilities through our extensive work as the term maintenance contractors from 1995 – 2001 for all MOD facilities in Uist & St Kilda. Whilst 24 Hour emergency cover is provided for all HIAL infrastructure.
A selection of construction projects which MIB have acted as Principal Contractor include;
• Harbour, Piers and Marinas
• Coastal Erosion Defences
• Installation of Airport Fire Training Simulators
A selection of the larger construction contracts (along with Principal Contractor) which MIB have acted as Subcontractor include;
• Vatersay Hall Extension and Renovation (KEIR Construction)
• Castlebay Industrial Units (KEIR Construction)
• Construction Works North Uist Primary School (Robertson Construction Central)
• Construction Works Balivanich & Daliburgh Primary Schools (FMP Construction)
Notable MIB Construction Projects
Select the below images to see a selection of previous MIB projects as Principal Contractor or Main Subcontractor.